Friday 11 January 2013

Day 9


Day 9

I feel behind in the mission, quest... thing... so I'm gonna dig my heels in and crack on with the list. (but to be fair I am not trying to complete it quickly but rather just complete it... but since 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' is on the list I fear I won't complete it. Why? I saw it twice last year, and will see the next one this year... I won't go back, and if I do it will purely be for this list, or buy it until all 3 are out. I've got the Lord of the Rings trilogy on DVD twice, theatrical and extended, and the extended cuts on BD, so I'm not averse to buying 'The Hobbit' trilogy eventually.)


Onwards.



Jaws (1975)



I fecking love 'Jaws'... did the ride at Universal, twas lovely, until my nanna pointed out that I was sitting on the side that was soaking wet, and we all know where that leads.

The movie feels so simple, 3 men, Brody, Quint and Hooper set out to kill a shark that has terrorized their small island town, Amity. Amity rely on tourists and nothing drives them away more than being eaten by a killer white.


Rating - 5






Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)






A favourite of mine from my teen years, sure I loved Python as a child but it was not until I discovered my friends loved this movie that I got back into it (one friend has a print out of the script and kept it in her bag at school, we learned it off by heart) and have watched it regularly since.

So why is it so good?

It's funny.

Simple... the jokes are routed in truth, much like Blackadder can actually teach you about the past, so can Monty Python and the Holy Grail, no, really.


Rating - 5








I feel like I'm taking it easy so far in the quest... and by easy I mean I'm watching favourites that I've seen plenty times before. But for now that's cool. Except I did watch a movie from the IMDb Top 250 that I hadn't seen before... that review coming up next....








Hasta Luego
-Fake Shemp-






No comments:

Post a Comment